Express will not backup

stf

I am using Express 5.6.132 with Windows XP Professional. I have made backups with Retrospect previously on this operating system, but now Express has quit working. I start backup running, and after it scans the hard drive it asks for me to insert a new blank CD. I put a blank CDR in the drive, and the CDRW drive spins, but Retrospect does not recognize the CDR, and nothing happens and there is no error message. Retrospect just sits waiting for what I do not know. I have tried with different CDRs from different boxes with no result. The Environment tab shows my CD drive (Hitachi-LG CD-RW (1.53)), so I presume the driver is in place and working.

I am at a loss as to what to do to correct this. Any ideas?

This drive is not yet supported for use with Retrospect for Windows. For a list of currently qualified devices, please see:

Hardware Search Enginecolor=blue>

Dantz goes through a rigorous qualification process with every drive we test. This means that not every drive will be qualified and we can never guarantee that a particular device will be supported. Some drives do not get qualified ever, and some take 6 months to a year to get support. We have no way of telling if this drive will be supported or not at this moment.

We add device support often though, so do check back with our Hardware Compatibility list.

Okay. So, please splain to me why the program's backup function worked for several backups after I got the program via direct order from Dantz, and now fails to do so.

Also, since my drive may not be "qualified ever", how do I get a refund on the program??? Obviously, it is totally worthless to me, and I need a backup now, and one that will be reliable in the future. I don't think waiting around to see if the drive will be "qualified" at some yet to be determined time (if ever) is a reasonable expectation your company should have for me.

Archived