Client kills OS 9 on G4/867 and G4/1.25

epira

I installed the latest version of RetroRemote on a brandnew G4/1.25 under OS 9.2.2 (because the server software needed on this machine is running on OS 9 only). After that, the machine started up till the RetroIcon appeard, then it was hanging !

It looks like Remote has a conflict with the AppleEnet extension (deactivating AppleEnet let's startup the machine but also disabling networking...)

After several tries the harddisk disappeared, even NortonDiskWorks II didn't reconize the disk !

I thought it could be a hardware problem, so I tried to install RetroRemote on another machine, a brandnew G4/867. The first restart crashed on startup at the RetroIcon, the second restart couldn't find the Harddisk !!! The same problem as with the first machine !!! The only way to get the HD back to work was installing a new OS X System on the disk !

Did anyone have the same problems ? What mean Dantz to this ?

This is a known issue with some of the new G4's. We are currently working with Apple on this.

For complete details, please see:

http://www.dantz.com/index.php3?SCREEN=kbase&ACTION=KBASE&id=27724

The best workaround is as follows:

Rearrange the order that the Retrospect Client control panel loads:

1. Rename the Retrospect Client by adding a ! character to the beginning of the Control Panel name. Delete the Degree symbol at the beginning of the name.

2. Move the Retrospect Client to the Extensions folder

3. Make an alias of the Retrospect Client and add that to your Control Panels

4. Restart the computer.

Archived