Can't Find Device, etc.

bdb

I used Retrospect Express for months without any problems. Now I have two unrelated problems which I can’t figure out from the “documentation”. First, upon execution of a backup I get an error message that there are no backup devices installed. My CD-RW is working fine (it writes and reads) and does show up along with my DVD-ROM drive in the list of devices visible using ASPI under the Environment tab under “Devices” under “Configure.” I changed the brand of media I’ve been using to one recommended by the manufacturer. I turned off InCD, which is a UDF packet writing program, which would otherwise be running in the background. I updated the firmware for the CD-RW. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Retrospect Express. I don’t know what else to do. Second, I can’t seem to uncheck (unflag) a folder I don’t want to back up without automatically unchecking the entire C drive, and vice versa. Same thing for highlighting or unhighlighting. Doesn’t matter whether or not I hold down Ctrl. Any ideas? Thanks.

While in Retrospect, go to Configure > Devices > Environment and list Vendor, Product and Version for your backup device.

In reply to:

Second, I can’t seem to uncheck (unflag) a folder I don’t want to back up without automatically unchecking the entire C drive, and vice versa. Same thing for highlighting or unhighlighting. Doesn’t matter whether or not I hold down Ctrl. Any ideas? Thanks.

Make sure you are highlighting only what you want to mark. If everything is highlighted, all files/folder will be marked. To highlight an individual item, click on a single file or folder. Once highlighted, you can hold down the control key to mark additional items.

Archived