Retrospect asking for Activation Code

adrianrcl

I tried to start Retrospect Pro last night and it asked for an activation code - I put mine in, but it's lost everything...

It looks like the answer to my query would be held on the Knowledge Base in article "What to do if Retrospect is asking for a License code.", as per the "Professional - subforums", but that just opens a new tab saying "Service unavailable". I get the same response when I try and search the Knowledge Base.

Please can anybody help me either get to the knowledge base article, or let me know what it says to do?

Retrospect Pro 7.0.344 on Windows XP SP3

The entering of the licensing code means that the config files are unreadable. Unless you have a backup of these files which would be config70.dat and config70.bak you will have to set up everything again.

If you do have a backup of these you will need to restore them to a location other than their original locations. Once restored stop all Retrospect services and replace the existing ones with the ones restored from the backup.

The other possibility is to try using the backup config file by renaming it as config70.dat after stopping all Retrospect services.