Two Retrospect running at once?

I have a strange problem. One of my server seem to launch Retrospect v.[color:red]6.1.32[/color] twice.

Sure that your version number doesn't have a typographical error? I don't believe that there was ever a Retrospect 6.1.32. The last released version of Retrospect 6.x was 6.1.230.

This problem has been around for years. Search the forums. For example, see:

Two Simultaneous Backups Running

It was supposedly fixed in Retrospect 6.1.138.

Try updating your copy of Retrospect 6.x and Retrospect Driver Update ("RDU"). The updates are here:

Retrospect 6 Updates

I used to see it often in the earlier versions of Retrospect 6, but only saw it about once or twice a year in Retrospect 6.1.230. I seem to recall that it would often happen when Retrospect would autolaunch to run missed backups when a server was restarted after a crash.

It may be that you have a corrupted retrorunfile (the file that does autolaunch). With Retrospect quit, delete the "retrorunfile" file, restart Retrospect, then quit Retrospect, and it will regenerate a good retrorunfile. It's location is

/Library/Preferences/Retrospect/retrorunfile

Regardless, Retrospect 6.x is a dead product, end-of-life, and will not have any further bug fixes.

Russ