Anyone from EMC review these posts

rekabm

Does anyone from EMC Retrospect review these posts? I went through reading several to see if any pertained to my problem, and I'm noticing a bad trend. There is hardly any resolutions or responses to anyone's issues.

Perhaps you misunderstand. These are user-to-user support forums. See the Retrospect Forum Rules / Terms of Use:

This forum is a community based self help tool for users of the Retrospect Backup Software and other EMC Insignia Products. ...

While this forum is monitored by members of the EMC Technical Support team, it is not possible to reply to all questions and threads. This forum is not an official method for contacting technical support. EMC employees are under no obligation to reply to individual forum posts. If you need immediate technical support, you can contact technical support directly at http://www.emcinsignia.com/contactsupport

Maybe I should just give up on this product?!?

Some people, like myself, don't bother to respond to requests for help unless the poster provides enough details, such as OS version, configuration information, exact Retrospect version (x.x.x), steps that have been tried, etc. In other words, a concise problem report.

In other cases, you may have provided a complete statement of the problem, but none of us other users knows the solution or none of us have ever seen the problem or we don't have similar configurations to yours.

The EMC Retrospect support group is quite good. If you are having a problem and can't get resolution in these forums, I suggest you contact them: Contact EMC Retrospect support

Regards,

Russ

Are you disappointed that you have not gotten answers to any of your other posts? If so, reread your posts and offer more information in a follow-up post. Sometimes you just need to do this to bring your topic back up to the top of the forum. That way more people see it.

There is at least one regular Retrospect support person answering questions in the forums. That said, there are a lot of questions posted, so I would expect an answer to every question.

Jeff

I meant no disrespect to anyone. But in getting to the technical support page, it appears there are only pay support options outside the forums. In these forms there appears to be some basic use questions/problems that to me seem do not merit pay support. Many of these questions, and yes including the 2 I have posted, have gone unresolved. I was just sifting through treads hoping to find something that may give me a clue as to what may problem may be even though the title doesn't exactly pertain, and more times than not, I am not seeing any useful resolutions.

I am however only perusing the Express for Windows form, which it seems is some throw in software for external drives sold. I like the software if I can get it to work. I was just wondering how eager there support really is to users who don't buy the upgraded version.

I'll keep poking around, posting, and hopefully I find an answer to my issues.

And to all the users that help out there, a big thank you.