Express HD 2.5 Catalogue Rebuild

ndoc

Hi,

I am using Express HD 2.5.113 with Vista and have a catalogue which is out of sync caused by an interrupt backup process. My backup is stored on an external network drive (iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive). The previous restore points are still available, but when I try to start a new backup, I get the error --> "Can't save setup. Check the selected drive to make sure there is enough free space and the user name and password are correct".

Oddly enough, 1) there is plenty of space available, 2) I have never set up a login/password for the drive

I've searched for a way to repair the catalogue and found several procedures which none of them worked.

I've tried to go through the setup process numerous times and at the end of the setup procedure, I get the same message "Can't save setup. Check the selected drive to make sure there is enough free space and the user name and password are correct".

I have also tried to rebuild the catalogue according to this link: http://kb.dantz.com/display/2/articleDirect/index.asp?aid=9573&r=0.432934 but I can't proceed beyond step 7

"Perform Backup Maintenance", ie the catalogue can't get rebuilt because I get the "Can't save setup. Check the selected drive to make sure there is enough free space and the user name and password are correct" message.

I've also attempted to uninstall and then re-install Retrospect Express HD for Windows, and I haven't been successful with that either.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?