Retrospect disabling hardware compression on media set even if set to on

Retrospect latest update is disabling hardware compression on new media sets even if the option is selected by default.

If you unselect it and reselect it it will work fine.

I'm on a quantum superloader 3, anyone experiencing this issue ?

Edited by Guest

Retrospect latest update is disabling hardware compression on new media sets even if the option is selected by default.

If you unselect it and reselect it it will work fine.

I'm on a quantum superloader 3, anyone experiencing this issue ?

Um, to what "latest update" are you referring? The last time that Retrospect 6 was updated was about a year ago. Have you tried reverting to an earlier RDU?

If you have some version of Retrospect 8 (you don't provide any version information, Mac OS information, or platform information (Intel? PPC? Windows perhaps?), this is the Retrospect 6.x forum, not the Retrospect 8 forum. The Retrospect 8 forum is here: Retrospect 8 for Macintosh forum

(yes, the forum names are confusing; we've pointed that out before, but it seems doubtful that will ever change). I suspect that you might be using Retrospect 8 because you are using the "newspeak" Retrospect 8 term of "media set" rather than the Retrospect 4, 5, and 6 term of "backup set", or the Retrospect 2 term of "storage set" (as I recall - it's been years).

If you have some (unspecified) version of Retrospect 6, that product is end-of-life. Don't expect any further updates. However, I have never heard of this problem with Retrospect 6, and we haven't seen it with our tape drive.

Could you provide some more specifics?

Russ