New things I've learned...

rupsty

I think Retrospect doesn't like it when you tell a script to run and there's no tape in the drive. I assumed there would be a message or maybe Retrospect would go find the tape in the library (Tandberg T24) but no. It crashed the Retro engine and I wasn't able to get the engine restarted until I restarted the mac. When I finally put a tape in the drive mechanism it worked fine. Incidentally, I didn't know until yesterday that dragging and dropping a tape from the library slot into the drive slot, via Retrospect's GUI, actually moves the tape from one to the other. Kinda cool.

Thought I would let everyone know.

Best,

Rusty

I think Retrospect doesn't like it when you tell a script to run and there's no tape in the drive. I assumed there would be a message or maybe Retrospect would go find the tape in the library (Tandberg T24) but no. It crashed the Retro engine and I wasn't able to get the engine restarted until I restarted the mac. When I finally put a tape in the drive mechanism it worked fine.

That's a bug. It's supposed to go find the tape in the library.

Incidentally, I didn't know until yesterday that dragging and dropping a tape from the library slot into the drive slot, via Retrospect's GUI, actually moves the tape from one to the other. Kinda cool.

That's how the earlier versions have worked.

It's all described in the manual. Oh, forgot, there is no manual. Sigh.

Russ