RetroEngine crashes-restarts in loop

Hi,

I'm using Retrospect on a Mac OS X.8 Server, Fiber Channel and T40.

Since latest update, RetroEngine crashes and restarts under different PID indefinitly.

Killing doesn't help.

When I try to access the retrospect server (localy or in remote) my Retrospect console opens, connects - disconnects - connects ...

Sometimes it even asks for my serial.

If someone has any kind of info, please help me :-)

Kind regards,

Julien

here's a video of it:

http://www.yaska.eu/retrospect.mov

And here's my console output ... repeating all the time:

Dec 22 15:00:07 a350 com.retrospect.RetroEngine[2245]: #3> DLLoadLib: no id resource in "/Library/Application Support/Retrospect/RetrospectEngine.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libretrores.dylib", skipDyloCheck 0x1

Dec 22 15:00:07 a350 com.retrospect.RetroEngine[2245]: #2>

Dec 22 15:00:07 a350 com.retrospect.RetroEngine[2245]: Command line is /Library/Application Support/Retrospect/RetrospectEngine.bundle/Contents/MacOS/RetroEngine

Dec 22 15:00:12 a350 com.retrospect.RetroEngine[2245]: #3> LmGet: ndex = 265, zero offset

Dec 22 15:00:12 a350 com.retrospect.RetroEngine[2245]: Assertion failure at "elem.cpp-1098", on threadID 0xB0283000

Edited by Guest
added console output

Julien,

You haven't provided any information as far as what version of Retrospect (x.x.x) you are running, and your initial post is a bit confusing because there is no such thing (at present time) as a "Mac OS X.8 server" (10.8?)

However, because you mention Retrospect "engine" in passing, it appears that you may be running some version of Retrospect 8 (8.x.x).

If so, the right place for your post is the Retrospect 8 for Mac forum:

Retrospect 8 for Mac forum

This is the Retrospect 6.x forum (yes, I know the names of the forums are confusing; many have pointed that out, but I doubt that it will ever be changed). Perhaps that's why no one has responded to your posts.

I suggest that you repost in the Retrospect 8 forum. Useful additional information to provide would be:

(1) version of Retrospect engine (8.x.x)

(2) version of Retrospect console (8.x.x)

(3) whether the engine and console are running on the same computer

(4) Version of Mac OS X (10.x.x) on the engine and console machine(s), and flavor of Mac OS X (server, non-server)

Russ