Best way to copy a disk

I am using

Version of Mac OS X 10.4.11

Retrospect version 6.1.138

I would like to copy my dvd files from an old disk to a new dvd disk. I am afraid of scratches to the disks in the future ruining my files and leading the disks to become useless to retrospect.

What is the best way to copy all the files and information to the new dvd? Transfer or duplicate? Please let me know. Thank you in advance.

It's unclear whether you are talking about Retrospect making copies of Retrospect backup sets or instead whether you are talking about making copies of Mac OS files on a DVD.

If you are talking about making copies of Retrospect backup sets, you need to do that by "Transfer" (from one backup set to another). If you only have a single DVD drive, then create a backup set on disk, transfer to that, then transfer back to a new DVD backup set.

And I'd suggest updating your Retrospect copy and Retrospect Driver Update ("RDU"). You don't say what version of RDU you are running, but your version of Retrospect 6 is very old. Update is free:

Retrospect updates

If you are talking about duplicating Finder-readable Mac OS files on a DVD, use Disk Utility.

Russ