Read tapes from Retrospect 6.1

INFO

You don't have to answer to this post as I did forget that I did already place a question with the same topic (almost).

Sorry about this.

Hello Users and Professionals

I understand and know that Retrospect 6.1 won't work properly under Snow Leopard Server. My customer has now the problem, that he needs to exchange the existing server with a new intel machine. The question is now, if it is possible to install Retrospect 6 Workgroup on this new machine to use it to get the files (only data files NO SYSTEM FILES) from old tapes (about 50 or so) onto the new machine.

If not, will there be an update for Retrospect Server 8 to at least read the tapes made with Retrospect Workgroup 6.1?

Thank you in advance for anyones feedback and informations.

Kind regards

Thomas Thaler

Edited by Guest

I understand and know that Retrospect 6.1 won't work properly under Snow Leopard Server.

Yep. Don't install Retrospect 6.1 on 10.6.x. Don't use Retrospect 6.1 to back up a client running 10.6.x. Retrospect 6.1 will never be supported with 10.6.x.

My customer has now the problem, that he needs to exchange the existing server with a new intel machine. The question is now, if it is possible to install Retrospect 6 Workgroup on this new machine to use it to get the files (only data files NO SYSTEM FILES) from old tapes (about 50 or so) onto the new machine.

Yes, if the new Intel machine is not running 10.6.x. Why doesn't your client just keep the old server around until Retrospect 8 gains the capability to read the Retrospect 6.1 tapes?

If not, will there be an update for Retrospect Server 8 to at least read the tapes made with Retrospect Workgroup 6.1?

Such an update has been indicated as happening before the end of this year.

I'm in the same boat, except I have tapes back to Retrospect 2.0 that I need to be able to retrieve.

Russ