Exchange Mailbox Backup - Fail.

I realize the inability to backup multiple Exchange mailboxes is a known bug, but is there a workaround or any indication of when a fix will be released?

I have tried setting up scripts for both normal and Proactive backups on the mailboxes, and just like other users have experienced, the first mailbox backs up properly while consecutive mailboxes will not backup.

I have exchange 2007 backing up datastores and mailboxes. If you can provide me some more detail I will try to point you to the resources I used. The exchange tools have to be installed on the retrospect server. I disabled ipv6on the exchange server. This may not have been necessary. There are permissions applied through the exchange management shell that apply to the service account used to connect to exchange. Get through all this and it should work.

Basically, any mailbox backup that I create a script for will not complete beyond the first backup.

I have tried selecting the entire Mailbox group, all individual mailboxes, just a handful of the mailboxes.

I have tried creating multiple scripts with one mailbox per script.

The ONLY way I can get the mailboxes to backup is to do a manual backup, with no script created.

The error is something like "There is nothing to backup." It's a very common error that I've seen reported here over and over again.

Retrospect is installed on Exchange, as well as the add-in. I can see and interact with all mailboxes properly. The only issue I'm having is actually backing them up.

• 4 weeks later...

There is nothing else to pursue here. We identified this bug earlier this year when we first started leaning on Exchange 2007. Wait for the fix from Retrospect. There is currently no way to automate brick-level (individual) mailbox backup. Look into Recovery Storage Groups for a work-around.

All we can do is wait for EMC...

I have seen posts on these forums dating back to January of this year, identifying the same bug.

I have also seen posts from admins, or folks who work at EMC, stating this is a known bug.

I'm not quite sure how exactly it's acceptable for EMC to release software that flat out doesn't do what it's advertised to do, then be aware of the issue and simply leave it in the software.

So the short of it is to spend the money on EMC's Exchange backup solution, then simply wait until they eventually get around to fixing the software so it actually works?