Transaction already complete

I am running Retrospect 8.1 (build 526) on Mac OSX Server 10.5.8. Client is Windows XP running 7.6.107 client.

Jackie,

You would probably have better luck getting help if you posted in the Retrospect 8 forum. This is the forum for Retrospect 6.x for Macintosh (yes, the forums need clearer names). Here is a link to that forum:

Retrospect 8 for Macintosh forum

Russ

I've made this suggestion and also sent a direct message to Robin. Perhaps additional comments here will help it to happen eventually?

I have pointed this out many times, as have others. I have given up. It's not an issue for those of us who have used the forums for a long time; it's simply a support issue for new users of Retrospect.

Candidly, there are more important things that need addressing with higher priority by EMC, including, at least in my order of priority:

(1) making Retrospect 8 reliable.

(2) giving Retrospect 8 the ability to read backup sets made by older versions of Retrospect.

(3) restoring external scripting capability to Retrospect 8 - necessary for starting/stopping services during backups and for synchronizing with external actions.

(4) a User's Manual for Retrospect 8

For all I care, the problematic Retrospect 8 eye-candy GUI and its funky design (yes, Dave, I don't like the design, either, but it's not my biggest concern if it were reliable) could be scrapped - I would be happy with a command-line only interface that I could script. I'm fine with using ssh over VPN as the "console".

Russ