New media takes effect even when skipped?

I had something unexpected happen this morning and am just wondering if that is what I should have expected or is there something else I need to dig into.

I have backups scheduled daily for one of my laptop computers. A New Media backup (to a disk file) on Saturday and Normal backups the other six days of the week. I had the computer with me away so before leaving last Wednesday, set Retrospect to skip executions until this morning. Included in the skips was last Saturday's New Media backup. This morning, the scheduled Normal backup fired at the appropriate time but did a New Media backup instead (log even says "New Media Backup").

So my question is, even though the scheduled New Media backup was skipped, does Retrospect somehow mark the Backup Set to be a New Media backup the next time any backup to that Backup Set runs?

Retrospect 6.1.230 on Leopard (latest)

How did you delete the scheduled events? Did you go to Automate> Preview?

After you did your deletions, did the Preview window show only Normal backups waiting to run on or before August 4?

Retrospect shouldn't make any changes to the backup set until the scripted event actually runs, which suggests that you somehow ended up with a New Media event being scheduled to run on the 4th.

They weren't deleted - they were "skipped" using the "Skip Scheduled Executions" checkbox in the script's Schedule window (which has you a set a date and time for it to resume executing).

The execution this morning was at its normal time which is not the same time of day as the New Media backup on Saturday.

You still didn't mention what was displayed in Automate> Preview. I'll bet that this window will accurately show what Retrospect will be performing.

We don't generally use the "Skip Scheduled Executions" option in the script editing window. I don't know whether this produces a different result than deleting specific executions in the "Automatic Operations Preview" window, which is what we usually do.