Multiple backup sets on removable disk?

Wonder if anyone can help...

We've just moved our computers around in the office (all macs) and the retrospect has been moved onto an intel based mac which it wasn't on before. We did use to have a daily backup recyled every four weeks (four sets of Monday, Tuesday, etc.) using Iomega REV 35 removable discs. We then had one disk per day, which we used for all four sets (Monday_1, Monday_2, etc).

On putting the Iomega on this computer I went to their website and downloaded the relevant update.

We have set up the Backup Sets and Scripts as we have done before but when it comes to saving the data to the removable disk it seems to want to overwrite the whole disk and rename it...

Does anyone know how to setup a removable disk so that several backups can be stored on it at one time?

I have tested with one removable disk, looking at it in the device section, it said 'content not recognised' beside the drive. I then erased the disk and it said 'Erased' and appeared to be ready.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1