Retrospect Exp. 5.0 - restore from internal CD/DVD

I regularly backup to an external firewire CD-RW drive (Sony iLink 12x8x32), which works great. I can also restore from that external drive.

What I'd like to be able to do is to restore from my internal CD/DVD drive. I have a Titanium PB 550 with the internal CD-R/DVD-R drive. When I try to restore from the backup CDs, I insert them in response to the prompt from Retrospect, but the CDs are immediately ejected, and are not recognized either by OSX (10.2, but this also happened under 10.1.5) or by Retrospect 5.0. The same CDs work fine, if I use them to restore from the external Sony drive.

Any ideas? It seems that I would be stuck if i were on the road, trying to restore from my backup CDs when I didn't bring along the bulky Sony drive!

Many thanks!

Dantz does not currently have a 10.2 compatible version of the Retrospect application. You should not depend on Retrospect to do system backups or restores with the current version. We will be releasing a Jaguar compatible version update later this year.

That being said, what make/model is the internal CD burner? Please go to Configure > Devices > Device Status and list Vendor, Product and Version for your drive.

Archived