Is there a way to deal with "orphaned" files in a disk media set

Maser

Related to some other threads I posted in the past few days...

I had a crash or two when trying to run 5 concurrent backups on my system.

I decided to see what would happen if I just started over (only using 3 activities via the preferences.

To do this, I removed *all* the Past Backups from my test disk media sets (I had 10 of them.)

However, one of the disk media sets -- no matter how often I groomed it -- still had 4.6G of data in it (reported by "Media Sets" as well as the Finder.)

The 4.6G looked like it was the backup of one client that must not have finished backing up before the crash *or* had finished all the files, but hadn't built the snapshot.

There were no "Past Backups" for this set remaining.

The only way to clean out that particular backup set was to "recycle" it.

Which brings me to my question: I've had a daily proactive set running since GM. It's likely crashed alongside other crashes.

I can't delete things from this set -- but I'd like to reclaim the space *potentially* used by orphaned backups.

Is there a method for copying *data* from a disk media set to a new disk media set -- that's only based on what's in the existing past backups for the original set (so it wouldn't copy anything that could have been orphaned?)

If not, the only recourse is to start a new disk media set when the program is a bit more stable, but I'm hoping there's another option I could try...

Suggestions?