Execution incomplete

On a month-old Mac Pro with OS X 10.5.6 and 8GB, I've gotten the following report from two attempted backups in a row. Have searched for error message explanation but not successful. Have just migrated from Windows environment so the Mac world is still a mysterious one. Please interpret, recommend.

I'm backing up the main HD onto an external drive. The main HD has 229GB available; the external drive has 449GB available. Permissions have been repaired. Of nine backups, two have been clean, #6 and #7. The errors shown came on #8 and #9. Cache has been excluded since #3. Only other change to script was to add schedule but Mac is sleeping through that so far, i.e. 12:30 a.m. Can Mac go to sleep while script is running?

Is Retrospect 8 for Mac a beta release? If so I was not told this when I purchased by phone. Have been Retrospect customer since v6 for Windows; had excellent experience with Retrospect until now.

+ Normal backup using Backup Assistant - 3/29/09 8:42 PM at 4/8/2009 6:08 PM

To Media Set From Mac HD...

4/8/2009 6:08:48 PM: Copying Macintosh HD

MapError: unknown Mac error -2110

Scanning incomplete, error -1002 ( unknown Mac OS error) Scanning incomplete, error -1002 (%s)]