Can't find network drive in automated script

ssaccone

I can backup fine to a set on a network drive when I'm logged in. I'm using Windows XP, and the drive is specified via the Windows network as \\MyDrive\. However, when I use the same backup set in a script, and the script runs automatically after I've logged out, it fails to run with an error that it can't find the set.

I tried solving this by setting the Retrospect preference to always login as my account, with the password, and I specified the machine name. I logged out, and let script run. When I logged back in to check the progress, I get only the Retrospect monitor, I can't check the progress.

Is this normal? Is this the correct solution to the problem? Is there some way to check the progress - the monitor doesn't seem to show anything or be interactive at all, except for one icon that looks like a "power on" symbol. Retrospect does seem to be adding data to the drive, so it may be working.

Thanks.

Setting the Retrospect login preference as above seems to have fixed the network drive problem. However, when I try to run Retrospect after the script completes I only get the Retrospect monitor. I can fix this by rebooting. Clearly this isn't a solution if I have reboot every time I want to run Retrospect.

Any suggestions?

One solution to the monitor problem is to open the task manager, make sure "show processes from all users" is checked, and end the Retrospect.exe process if it's running. After I did this I could open Retrospect normally.

I could live with this solution, but is there a better way?