Console crashes consistently

I set up version 8 last night after running 6.1 for the past several months. 6.1 is still installed on the MAC

I'm backing up a) Local mac hard disk B) XP on Parallels c) external hard disk connected to Mac.

I'm backing up to a NAS.

XP was backed up successfully. Mac files were backed up, however when the system reaches the last stage of the backup (after copying files, I forgot the name of the sequence) the client crashes quickly. I've had this happen 3-4 times in the exact same location. It seems that the files are being backed up 1) The backup file size is large 2) during subsequent backups it is only backing up the incremental files.

Furthermore I cannot find the .utx file where the log resides. Did a mac search in finder. Two, in the activities console, both the summary and log are blank (even after I press refresh).

Pls help.

a) ... B) ... c) ... 1) ... 2) ... Two, ...

While this first release of Retrospect 8 is proving to be buggy for many users, you'll need to provide an accurate and detailed description of your configuration and observations if you want feedback specific to your experiences.

I set up version 8 last night

How exactly is it setup ?

I'm backing up to a NAS

Retrospect backs up to "Media Sets."

A NAS can be used with multiple Types of Media Sets.

- What Type of Media Set are you using?

when the system reaches the last stage of the backup ... the client crashes quickly

The Subject of your Topic is "Console crashes" yet in the post you report that the "client crashes." Each of those are different components of the Retrospect software suite; what is actually happening?

I cannot find the .utx file where the log resides. Did a mac search in finder.

Spotlight and/or the Finder's "Find" command will not search in the location that Retrospect stores its log. You can tell a Finder search to include System Files in its search results via the pop-up menu.

But it's at:

/Library/Application Support/Retrospect/

a) ... B) ... c) ... 1) ... 2) ... Two, ...

While this first release of Retrospect 8 is proving to be buggy for many users, you'll need to provide an accurate and detailed description of your configuration and observations if you want feedback specific to your experiences.

I set up version 8 last night

How exactly is it setup ?

*****I have a MacBook Pro running OS X. The console and engine both reside on the laptop. The laptop has a copy of Parallels running WinXP with a local retrospect client agent on XP.

The laptop is connected to a Network with a QNAP NAS. I'm backing up to one of the disks on the NAS.

I'm backing up to a NAS

Retrospect backs up to "Media Sets."

A NAS can be used with multiple Types of Media Sets.

- What Type of Media Set are you using?

***Disk

when the system reaches the last stage of the backup ... the client crashes quickly

The Subject of your Topic is "Console crashes" yet in the post you report that the "client crashes." Each of those are different components of the Retrospect software suite; what is actually happening?

The console on the Macbook crashes. I watched the engine while this happened and it kept running, but the script stopped.

I cannot find the .utx file where the log resides. Did a mac search in finder.

Spotlight and/or the Finder's "Find" command will not search in the location that Retrospect stores its log. You can tell a Finder search to include System Files in its search results via the pop-up menu.

But it's at:

/Library/Application Support/Retrospect/

I could not find this directory. I have directories for most of the other apps installed under Application Support, but no retrospect. I thought perhaps the install was done incorrectly. I uninstalled Retrospect 8 and then installed the engine and then the Console. Still no /retrospect.