invalid client code?

angryadmin

I have two machines total at home -- both running XP .. two months ago, I bought Windows XP compatible Retrospect Desktop 5.6 for machineA -- the one with the DLT drive.

I just decided to go ahead and splurge today -- bought a singular Retrospect Client License today off the web and tried to install it. And, yes, it is for Windows:

1 Retrospect Client 1-user (Win) 39.00

No go.

Using the machineA retrospect desktop license manager, I try to add a client. MachineA doesn't want to accept this License *at all* -- not in all caps, not in lowercase, not with or without hyphens, not as it's typed, not as it's cut and pasted.

So I decide to try to let the server figure out when to prompt me with a license -- it should know better than me if I'm doing something wrong.

I go to the "Clients" portion of the backup screen and let it go find MachineB -- it's all ok up until I try to add the license. It still won't accept it.

I have updated the software, I have updated the client (all the recent updates for 5.6, anyway), but still, no go.

Can someone help please?!!

Hi,

Is it possible that the versions of the client software and application are different? We did make changes to the License Code scheme, and if you purchased a client after 6.0 started shipping, it's likely that the code won't work with a 5.x app.

If you have questions, or if you got a client with the wrong code, Customer Service can help. Call (888) 777-5664.

Archived