Installed twice

RB

Running 7.6 Retrospect on a linux redhat and trying to add client but the client was installed already. Checked the logs and see duplicate errors and about four client machines listed. Try top client, can't connect, next still no, last prompts for a password. Currently trying to reset password.

Any help is appreciated-

Thanks-

Well, if you need to do a manual uninstall and then start from scratch, this is a bit dated but should point you in the right direction:

Files installed by Retrospect Linux client

Note that you will need to "forget" the extraneous clients in the Retrospect application; otherwise, they will still "appear". You may not have multiple client installs on the Linux box.

The following article discusses uninstall of the Linux client and forgetting the client, etc:

Uninstalling the Linux client

Russ

Edited by Guest
uninstall article

I know this is nebieish but where/how do I restart the service?

Thanks-

Well, such as it is, here is the (a bit dated) online documentation for the Linux client:

Retrospect Linux documentation

The "real" file for current version is retroclient.info (see above list of files).

I assume you are asking about how to stop the service on the Linux client, not on the Retrospect server. The following article has the magic incantation at the end of the article.

Stopping / starting Linux client

Russ