Restore did not finish successfully

greghafer

I have been using Restrospect Express HD with my Maxtor One Touch II for a couple of years to back up my work computer. Earlier this week, we wiped and reloaded the hard drive. I installed Retrospect back from the original disc - Version 1. It found 0 restore points. After reading through the forum, I saw that I should update, so I downloaded and installed version 1.1.127. I completed the registration, but it said check Internet Connection. I'm connected, but perhaps there is a firewall issue, I don't know. So I checked register later.

I now find my 26 restore points, but when I attempt to restore I get the following message:

Restore Did not finish successfully

Executing DirectRestore at 1/16/2009 10:37 AM

To volume Restore on Local Disk (C:)...

-1/16/2009 10:37:07 AM: Restoring from RestorePoint

1/16/2009 10:37:08 AM: Execution incomplete

Remaining: 13 files, 6.1 GB

Completed: 0 files, zero KB

Performance: 0.0 MB/minute

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OK, I'm a knucklehead. I had a disk for version 1.0 of the software, but did not realize that I backed up using version 2.0 of the software. That software came with my WD I-Book but did not come on disk. The lesson learned here is to have the installation files on the backup drive so you can reinstall to a fresh hard drive.