Error: cannot get full access privileges ...

carrigan

Hello,

I am getting the dreaded "Retrospect cannot get full access privileges to your CD/DVD Drive". I checked the Backup Hardware Compatibility database and the backup device, Yamaha CRW8424S (SCSI) is qualified with the correct firmware ver 1.0j. I am not running Windows Media Player, RealPlayer or Easy-CD, the CD-ROM Auto-Insert is OFF, ExcludeMiniports value data is set to "empty" so Retrospect Express sees all buses.

I am running Windows NT 4.0 (SP6) and use an Adaptec AHA290/AIC78xx PCI SCSI card.

I have read and tried the backup forum suggestion and still can not Retrospect to see the CRW8424S. I burn CD's using Easy-CD ver 4.0 all the time.

Any suggestion are welcomed!

Dan

carrigan@dma.org

Hello,

I discovered when a SCSI CD-ROM drive is opened with a CD in Windows Explorer and the CD is left in the drive then Retrospect can find and identify the backup device.

A SCSI CD-ROM Backup Device "visibility" seems to be dependent on the Windows OS (Explorer) identifying the drive and a CD disk inserted in the drive.

The error message "Retrospect cannot get full access privileges to your CD/DVD drive" is little misleading in this circumstance. I could not find any applications using the "currently mounted CD" Actually the related "Status" tab comment that "Some DVD-RAM drives are visible here only when write-able media is loaded in them" prompted to test SCSI CD-ROM visibility of the drive.

Just thought I'd pass that on. Thank you for the all the other helpful suggestions! Retrospective Express is working fine now, very pleased!

Dan

carrigan@dma.org

Archived