Is it possible to recover aborted backup

vrasenas

I have Retrospect Express which was included with my Western Digital external drive. I had a problem with my registry and was told by Lenovo support I would need to "reimage" my hard drive. Before I could do this I needed back up my hard drive. I proceeded to do a progressive backup of "My Computer". What I did not realize was that the external drive which I was backing up to was included in the backup. When I checked the backup process about four hours later Retrospect had backed up laptop drive C: and was proceeding to backup the external drive which it was writing to. First, I did not want that drive backed up, and second, there was no way the 350gb on that drive was going to fit on the remaining 100gb on the external drive. In any event, I aborted the backup and thought I had the C: drive backed up having looked at the external and seeing the bakcup directory and files on it with the ~50gb volume of the C; drive.

When I "reimaged" the hard disk and went to restore the backup, Retrospect did not see the the files even though I can see them in Windows and the file attributes say they are backup files. At that point I ran a backup of the "reimaged" disk and watched the process and realized no snapshot or catalog was created for the backed up files. To make a long story short; Is there any way to recover this data? I have tried to recreate the catalog and have had no success.

Heeeeeellllllllooooooooo!!!!!!! Is there anybody out there in EMC land. This should be a relatively simple question to answer. Either these files can be recognized and read somehow or they can't. They are taking up ~50gb and took about four hours to create so something is in them. Can it be retrieved??