Won't backup since SP3 upgrade

Hello,

I have Professional 7.6.111 running on an XP Home.

Since upgrading to Windows Service Pack 3, Retrospect will not backup (actually cause files to be written to my optical disks). It goes through all the processes up to actually writing the files, but does not complete that final step.

It just sits there with the message in the lower left corner that it's Executing, but nothing gets written.

The Plextor DVDR PX-750A drive is functioning, has the current driver, and files can be written to media using Roxio (although Roxio did not work for several days, but is working fine now).

Help!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same error code but nothing happens at all. Retrospect just freezes. I did install SP 3 and probably after my last successful use of Retrospect; but I am not positive. I posted this problem here a few days back but no useful response.

What new version did you load? I am assuming you are talking about Retrospect. I have a much earlier version 7.0.326 with all the patches. It would be really annoying to have to buy an upgrade (with no new features I need) to make this continue to work.

Edited by Guest