Source volume keeps changing?

I'm running Mac Retro workgroup 6.1.222. I have an AFP network share volume mounted on my Retro server's desktop. A subfolder within that mounted AFP volume is the source for my Retro backup script.

I've noticed that occasionally, the source volume name (i.e. name of the sub-folder on the AFP network share) changes. The change shows up both in the 'Configure > Volumes' section of Retrospect, and also in my script. Of course when this happens, the script no longer works, complaining that the source files can't be found. Simply re-defining the source folder for the volume and kicking off the script again works fine.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the wonkiness of having source be on an AFP share, but before I kick out the extra money for the Multi-Server license (the AFP share is served from a Mac OS X Server machine), thought I'd ask and see if anyone had seen this behavior, and/or found a fix.

Many thanks!

I'm guessing this has something to do with the wonkiness of having source be on an AFP share

No, a mounted AFP volume can be a valid Source for Retrospect, as long as it is mounted correctly.

I've noticed that occasionally, the source volume name (i.e. name of the sub-folder on the AFP network share) changes.

Does this mean that a different folder takes the place of the folder you had previously defined?

From within Configure->Volumes, can you browse the contents of this new Subvolume?

Retrospect uses the Unique File ID as provided by the operating system to track Volumes. If the file ID is changing, that's not being caused by Retrospect.

the AFP share is served from a Mac OS X Server machine

Can you share the path to the folder in question?