Retrospect 5 doesn't see local volume anymore.

I am running Retrospect 5 on a G4 server running ASIP 6.3xx, and OS 9.1. About a month ago, Retrospect suddenly stopped "seeing" one of the local volumes(internal drive) on the Server, and gives me an error code -53 for volume offline. This volume is still working, and everyone on the network can still access it. This is our main file server volume, and I need to be backing it up every night. Any suggestions as to why Retrospect can't see the volume anymore, and how I can fix this.

I have already tried removing the greyed out icon for the volume under Configure>Volumes, but Retrospect doesn't even see the volume any more(it should show up under "local container". All users on the network can still access this volume, so why can't Retrospect.

These aren't necessarily fixes, but perhaps it'll get something moving or at least tell us more about this phantom volume.

Have any utilities been tried on the drive? One oft-overlooked tool is the Test function of the Drive Setup utility. Also, if other Macs can mount this drive over the network, is it possible for Retrospect to see it that way?

To test the latter, install Retrospect on another Mac in the network, then mount that volume on the new Mac. Does Retrospect see it? If so, what results from a backup attempt to a file backup set?

Archived