Multiple errors when try backup - 1101, 1103

jimyyz

I have Retro Exp HD and 3 external HDs in addition to my internal HD. All of a sudden Retro will not backup to/from ANY of these 4 drives - I am getting error 1101 (directory not found), 1103 (Scanning incomplete, error -1103 (write protected)). NONE of these drives are write protected, I am admin/all priveleges and no disks are failing. Thus this has to be a software issue.

Any help appreciated! Thanks

All of a sudden Retro will not backup to/from ANY of these 4 drives - I am getting error 1101 (directory not found), 1103 (Scanning incomplete, error -1103 (write protected)).

This doesn't just happen "all of a sudden". If retrospect was working previously and one day just stopped, there was alterations made to your system. There always needs to be a catalyst that gets things started, as there needs to be a slight modification to break functionality of a program.

That being said, it still doesn't help us to figure out what it was that is causing this to happen.

Were the drives actually working properly before?

What operating system are you running?

What version of Retrospect exp HD?

Can you successfully restore older files from data previously backed to the drives?

I hope that we can figure this out!

-Jeff

I double checked and nothing changed at all.

Were the drives actually working properly before?

YES PERFECET AND RAN CHKDSK - ALL OK

What operating system are you running?

XP HOME

What version of Retrospect exp HD?

Can you successfully restore older files from data previously backed to the drives?

YES - CAN RESTORE BUT NOT BACKUP - ERRORS