How to restore after reinstall of RE HD?

m5655

I had an XP pro system that had a complete and unrecoverable hard disk crash. I'd previously made a backup of that disk that had created a LOT of RDB files on my backup drive. I tried to create a backup recovery disk at the time, but it complained that it wouldn't fit on a cdrom, so I figured I'd sort it out later.

I ended up putting vista on the system when I rebuilt it, then reinstalled retrospect express HD, hoping that it would allow me to restore some of the files off of the backup. When I run the app, there doesn't seem to be any way for me to point it at the previous back.

Do I have any options here for getting back that data?

I found a web page that said I could rebuild the index, so I verified that the rbc file was not there, then told it to do a backup...but instead of it trying to rebuild, it started creating a new backup under "f:\Retrospect Restore Points" instead of the original directory I'd used before, "f:\Retrospect\fastruneBackup\1-fastruneBackup".

Does this make sense to anyone?

...m