Express HD 2.0 & Mybook password

schander

Hi,

I recently bought a wd mybook. I'm running winxp sp2. After realising that Express 2.0 hd can't see network drives out of the box ;( (e.g. you can't backup to \\myworldbook\somefolder).

I mapped a drive to the relevant folder, I selected connect using a different username at this point then I logged in using my username/password for the folder. Checked if I could add/delete files from the drive. I have setup permissons on the folder from the mybook management console so that only my user has full read/write permissons.

When i select the drive as a backup point express keeps asking me for username and password which i provide (the same as the user i setup on the mybook) and it just doesn't like it. I notice that the mapped drive has 3 users:

Everyone -> No permissions

root(Unix group\root) -> no permissions

www-data(Ocean\www-data) -> just Special Permissions set

(ocean is the name of my worldbook)

I had setup the username/password on the worldbook to be the same as my windows ones, and i have tried it with a completly different user/password combination.

So the problem is what would the username/password be if i wanted to use folder that had special permissions?

I can backup to a public folder on the drive.

Can someone help me resolve this problem.

Thanks

Satpal