Using Retro 6.1.138 on a Mac OS X 10.4.9 G5 with a LaCie AIT Firewire external I occasionally and more frequently have an issue where the backup will stall and Retrospect needs to be force quit, or you have to stop the backup in the middle. When I resume the backup it seems to have problems and then informs me that the Catalog is out of sync. I go to repair the catalog and Retrospect hangs while repairing. My La Cie firmware in Apple Profile is 0x32 and I notice that the proper firmware is 1.34 but I can't find this on La Cie site. (I have notified them) I also noticed similar issue in this forum where they down grade the driver to 6.1.11101. I download this driver update and it does not seem to downgrade the driver when installed in the Retrospect folder. What is the procedure for downgrading the driver if this seems like a fix?

I also noticed similar issue in this forum where they down grade the driver to 6.1.11101. I download this driver update and it does not seem to downgrade the driver when installed in the Retrospect folder. What is the procedure for downgrading the driver if this seems like a fix?

It's a bit unclear what RDU (Retrospect Driver Update) you are trying to install. There is no RDU "6.1.11101"; perhaps that's a typo - did you mean "6.1.11.101"?

If so, here are the installation details:

How to install RDU

Russ