Express 4.3 and 5.1.167 questions

Hi.

I received Retrospect Express 4.3 with Norton Systemworks 1.0.0. I didn't have any means to back things up so I didn't use it. Now I have a CD burner, an EZQuest Boa Firewire 54x24x54 (although the label on the burner says 54x32x54). The utilities CD that came with that, which strangely couldn't be read by my Powerbook Firewire (using OS 9.2.2, I don't have OSX) had Retrospect Express 5.1.167 and I installed it from the EZQuest drive. I tried to get that set up but it asked me for a license code. I have no idea what the code actually is. I have no piece of paper that says I have a license code. I see nothing in 5.1.167 that tells me what the code is. I tried to use the code that came with 4.3 but it isn't valid. Can I use 5.1.167?

When I try to use 4.3 it cannot find a/the backup device. The CD burner is on and connected before I start up Retrosepct. I did look on the website here at the devices supported and in the two searches I did, one did say that 54x24x54 CD burners from EZQuest were supported. Are they?

I see that there is a Retrospect 5.1 driver update included with 5.1.167. Do I need to double click on that?

I see I can get one issue from tech support. I will call or e-mail or whatever it is I can do Monday. (This is Saturday night.)

I would love to be able to back things up if it is possible.

Thanks for any help you can give.

John L

Powerbook Firewwire, OS 9.2.2, EZQuest Boa 52x24x52 CD burner

• 4 weeks later...