New Driver Updates

Retrospect 5.0 for Macintosh and 6.0 for Windows customers can download the latest Retrospect Driver Updates from the links below. More then 30 new devices are supported in each update. A complete list is found at the following URL's

Retrospect Driver Update for Retrospect 5.0 (Mac) version 3.4.103

Retrospect Driver Update for Retrospect 6.0 (Win) version 3.7.105

• 1 month later...

AmyC,

Hopefully you will read this and be able to help me out with my problem. I posted it yesterday but still haven't heard anything. If you get a chance, I'd appreciate any help you can give me....

I am using Retrospect v 5.O to backup my Pro Tools HD v5.1.1 systems. I have two macintosh computers running on os 9.1 I use SCSI hot swap drives to record to. Here is an example of the problem I am having.

Say I work from hot swap 1 and backup on computer 1. Then, still working from hotswap1 and domputer 1, I record some additional music. But now I want to do the backup of hotwsap 1 on computer 2 so I can still use computer 1 to record additional music on an additional hotswap. I copy my hotswap 1 catalog file to the retrospect catalog folder on computer 2 and run retrospect as I normally do. But now instead of just needing to backup the additional info I recorded, retrospect marks the entire drive for needing backed up. I have done this on different computers before and had it work correctly although I'm not sure how they were set up. What can I do to get retrospect on computer 2 to backup only the new material on hotswap1 when using the pre-existing catalog file?

Help solving this problem will be appreciated,

Thanks

Matching is the scheme for comparing file attributes to determine whether files are identical, which then allows intelligent copying to avoid redundancy. Also see incremental backup.

If one of the criteria has been changed, Retrospect will back up the file again. On a Mac, Retrospect looks at name, size, type, creator, creation date and time, modify date and time, and label.

Here's the best way to see why the file is being backed up again (why it is different) is to compare the file in the backup set against the file as it looks currently.

Go to Immediate Backup

Set your source and destination

Click on Preview to see file list

Any files (not folders) with a diamond next to the name _exactly_ matches a file already in the set. Any files without diamonds are do not match and will be backed up again.

Find a file that should not have changed since the last backup. Highlight and Get Info on the file. Now move these windows aside so you can see the Directory. Go to Reports > Contents and select your backup set and the last session for the source used above. Browse the session to find the file used in the example and Get Info.

Compare the two Get Info windows side by side to see what is different in terms of size, date, time, etc.

-- Keep in mind that a session shows only the new or changed files backed up in a given session. If you can't find the file you're looking for, start over with a different file (or try the next earlier session until you find the file.