EZQuest Boa 48x12x48

I recently upgraded to Retrospect 5.0 after purchasing an EZQuest Boa 48x12x48 CDRW. I did this because several online vendors claim in their sales copy that this CDRW is compatible with Retrospect 5.0. Well, I wasn't having any luck getting them to work together. So I contact EZQuest and I am told that the drive is, indeed, compatible, but that if I'm having problems I should contact Dantz. So here I am. My first action is to belatedly check the Compatibility list where I discover that the device is NOT listed as being supported. So now I'm obviously a bit stymied. Can Dantz shed any light on this confusion?

There are actually three versions of this drive. Occasionally, vendors will release drives with a certain mechanism, and then later swap it out with a different hardware mechnism. As a result, we need to qualify all versions separately.

The way to determine which mechanism you have is to go to Configure > Devices > Device Status. Look for the vendor and product and version for your drive.

If you have: LITE-ON LTR-40125S ZS03(or higher)

then you have a qualified drive. Any other versions of this drive are not currently qualified.

Go to the hardware search engine and do a search for: LTR-40125S to see all current versions of the drive. Hardware Search Enginecolor=blue>

Not every drive will be qualified and we can never guarantee that a particular device will be supported. Some drives do not get qualified ever, and some take 6 months to a year to get support. We have no way of telling if this drive will be supported or not at this moment.