Well I am not actually getting any errors. I select a backup set, choose backup. Retrospect scans my hard drive. Then says ready to execute. I say ok it asks really I say OK then it says preparing to execute . Retrospect seems to do nothing for about 30 secounds then it tells me execution failed. Remaining files 38730, 849.1 ,completed 0 . I have done this in the past without problems. There is a lot more stuff on the drive now so is that a factor ?

Please look in your Operations Log for details on error messages. Window > Log.

For all future responses, please make sure to reply to the existing thread, rather then creating a new forum thread each time. For continuity sake, these questions/answers need to be grouped together. Your previous threads have been deleted from the forum.

Aloha !! I ahve done as you asked and found some error messages. First is Can't save snapshot in test, ( thats the name of my backup set) error - 25051 (file backupset catalog limited to 16 MB) and catalog preflight failed, error 25051 file backup set limited to 16 MB. So is the backup set size adjustable ? I don't see any place to make an adjustment. Thanks Amy …

Unlike other types of backup sets, a file backup set does not have a separate catalog file. Its catalog is stored internally in the file itself, in its resource fork. (Its data fork contains the backed-up files.) Because a file's resource fork is limited to 16 MB, you may encounter error -25051 when you attempt to back up many files.

You will need to create a new backup set or upgrade to Retrospect 5.0 to get around this issue.

You can find these answers, and many more, in the Dantz Knowledgebase:

www.dantz.com/index.php3?SCREEN=knowledgebase