Hi,

We use Mac Retrospect Desktop v 4.3 wit OS 8.6 currently. I need to move the drive to another computer running 9.22 and was wondering if 4.3 works okay. We normally just back up that mac along with the NT Server volumes mounted on it. We do not use file sharing to make backup or retrospect clients. From what I heard about v5 there seems to no benefit for us. Is this correct or are there any problems with v4.3 and 9.22?

Thanks,

Mike

I too am experiencing problems getting Retrospect Express to see my Matshita (#8121) CD R/W on my G4 Powerbook - am running RE v4.3 under Mac OS 9.2.2. Have checked extensions, drivers loaded and following appear functional: Retrospect Driver Update 2.5.101, SDAP Authoring Support 1.0.1, Apple CD/DVD Driver 1.4.7. Apple Packet Media Access 1.0.1 is present in my Extensions folder in my System folder but does not show up in my Extensions Manager, so I do not know if it is active or inactive (?). How can I make sure Apple Packet Media Access displays in Extensions Manager? Is anything else missing?

I note that Matshita ATAPI CD R/W drives are supported by Dantz Retrospect 5.0 under Mac OS X, and maybe under OS 9.X (?). I cannot determine whether Matshita drives are supported under Retrospect Express 4.3 operating in Mac OS 9.2.2.

Can you confirm whether or not I will be able to get the Mtashita (#8121) drive to operate under RE 4.3 and Mac OS 9.2.2, and if not then my only alternative will be to upgrade to RE 5.0? Under the latter scenario please confirm that my drive will work before I purchase the Retrospect upgrade software (I already have Mac OS X). Thanks.

DH

This drive was not supported until the release of Retrospect 5.0, which will run in OS 9 and OS X.

The following files are required on Macintosh OS 9.2.x:

-Retrospect 5.0

-Retrospect SDAP Support extension version 1.2

-The Authoring Support Update Extensions:

A) Apple CD/DVD Driver version 1.4.7

B) SDAP Authoring Support version 1.2

C) Apple Packet Media Access version 1.0.1

There are no required files for Mac OS X with version 5.0