Installer Problem (carbon lib)

I have a Dual USB IBook running Mac OS 9.2.2. I installed Retrospect Express 5.0 and was horrified to see a new version of carbonlib was copied over the newer version already on disk. This is not a good idea. At a minium, your installer OS 9 installer is broke.

I actually read much of the documentation that came with the package. I see you included the hint about using the finder to copy the directorys. I like to go one step farther and dedicate a partition for maintaince purposes. If you keep the partition smaller than your removable media, that partion can be duplicated for backup. This creates a very useful emergency disk with all the critical tools. Just partition the backup so that the programs and directory are on the same medium. Also backing up from a "golden" partition makes sure that the other disks being backed up are quiet and stable.

I am a very long time user of DiskFit by Dantz. I hope you get Retrospect Express up to speed.

I hope you get your phones in better order.

Joseph R. L. Simkins