Retrospect Server and ADIC 1200 Library

This is not my week for tape libraries. . . .

I have an ADIC 1200 autoloader that is running on a WIN98SE machine with Retrospect Server 5.6. Retrospect recognizes both the drive and library in the "Environment" section but only the drive shows up in the "Devices" section. SCSI IDs are set 3 apart as specified. If I manually load a tape it will run and commands are executed as required by Retrospect.

???

TIA,

250LWB

- Make sue the SCSI card supports multiple LUNS. IE: DLT and AIT loaders will not work properly if hooked up to a standard (SCSI-1) 25-Pin SCSI card.

- Disable the Windows Class Driver for the device.

- Close Retrosepct. Temporarily remove the following files from your Retrospect program folder: Config55.bak and Config55.dat.

- Make sure the loader is in Random mode

Thanks, I'll do that.I'm sure my SCSI card supports multiple LUNS but I'll check the docs to be sure. The library is the only thing running on it.

Any chance you want to take a stab at the problems I'm having with an almost identical setup using an Exabyte EXB-10e? It's really frustrating me to no end. You'll find it under "Retrospect Server and Exabyte EXB-10e" in this forum from a few days ago.

I'm losing hair over this one.

Thanks,

250LWB

Archived