Do I need to install 5.0 before I upgrade to 5.0238?

I've got a 1 yr. old iMac G4/786/60gb running 10.2.3. Due to a bad memory problem, I've recently had to rebuild my desktop from scratch. In my present configuration I have not loaded OS9. I copied my original Retrospect files and folders to a DVD-RW. Do I need to first load Retrospect 5.0 before I upgrade to 5.0238, or can I just run the 5.0238 installer download? Do I need to first update to 5.0236 before going up to 238?

2nd Question- While I'm starting a new backup file, if I want to access my old backup files on DVD-RW, where do I place the original "Backup Set Catalog" file? After I put this in its correct place, what other changes do I need to make?

Any help would be VERY appreciated-

Thanks,

Marc

PS- Please send a copy of what you post to my email at: msalerno@sbsconsultinginc.com

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

or can I just run the 5.0238 installer download

Yes.

Quote:

While I'm starting a new backup file, if I want to access my old backup files on DVD-RW, where do I place the original "Backup Set Catalog" file? After I put this in its correct place, what other changes do I need to make?

You can put it any place you'd like. Once you've moved it to it's new home, use Retrospect to File > Open the catalog. It will then be accessible.