Retrospect Server - AIT Autoloaders?

Just upgraded to R.S. 5.0, running under Mac OS9. I have (3) Sony AIT Autoloaders TSL-S500C. My two older ones are a L100 rev, and work fine with the software. The newest one with a L201 rev doesn't seem to operate with the software. R.S.Server recognizes the drive, but is not able to operate it correctly.

I am running ADK 2.7.102 and R.S.Server 5.0.205. Anybody else had trouble with these autoloaders? I figure this must have something to do with the hardware rev difference between the drives. Any way around it?

It (Retrospect Server) won't load or scan tapes from the magazine.

If I put a loaded magazine in, the "devices" window shows no media (this is normal).

I select a slot from the "loader" pulldown menu, and the drive itself will load the tape, read it, then return it to the magazine. Retrospect software will never recognize a tape or report activity from the drive, justs give me a spinning clock until I cancel it.

Retrospect 5.0 does not require an ADK. I would recommend removing that from the program folder to ensure that there are no conflicts.

What happens if you swap two of the drives locations::

- Does the L201 rev work in the environment where the L100 rev was previously working?

- Does the L100 rev work in the environment where the L201 was previously failing?

If the L100 works in both environments, and the L201 fails in both environments, then you know you have a drive problem.

If the L201 and the L100 both fail in one environment, and both work in the other, then you know you have a computer / SCSI problem.

Rev L201 is fully qualified for use in Retrospect.

Archived