Allowed Execution times ignored

I have allowed execution times set for 1am to 7am with a 1 hour wrap-up set at the application level. I also have the same settings set in the script (which has the schedule highlighted as if it's a change from the defaults). Retrospect will launch when I login in (I'm used to that), but it often tries to run the script. I've accepted that the launch when a scheduled script is missed, and try to shutdown the machine if that setting is chosen, bug won't be fixed (it's been around since the 4.3 days), so the out of schedule execution isn't as annoying as it could be because I've long since shut-off the shutdown when done option.

Ray

Ray, it sounds like you may have corrupted preferences for Retrospect.

Try:

Quit Retrospect,

Delete /Library/Preferences/Retrospect/retrorunfile

Start Retrospect

Quit Retrospect

Retrospect will rebuild the retrorunfile when it sees it missing. Corruption of the retrorunfile has been a long-standing bug. It appears that EMC, early this year, was able to reproduce the bug in-house. So, if there is ever an update to Retrospect for bug fixes, it may eventually be fixed. I'm not holding my breath because it appears that development/maintenance of the Macintosh Retrospect version stopped a long time ago.

If that doesn't work, you might try deleting the Retrospect preferences and re-entering license code, etc.

Russ

Quote:

Delete /Library/Preferences/Retrospect/retrorunfile

That I've done for other issues. Let's see if it works for this one.

Quote:

If that doesn't work, you might try deleting the Retrospect preferences and re-entering license code, etc.

I'm afraid that this might be the longer-lasting solution. The biggest pain about this this that I have years of tweaking my "Files usually not backed-up" selector.

Ray

Quote:

The biggest pain about this this that I have years of tweaking my "Files usually not backed-up" selector.

Why not just try with one of the many backup copies you've been maintaining of this file over the years you've been tweaking it.

What? You have invested time, energy and intellectual effort into a critical computer data file, but have not made backup copies of the file in case it becomes lost or corrupted?

Oh.

Dave

Archived