Assert error module.cpp-561

biggsd

Hi folks,

From what I can tell, it looks like I've hit a brand new problem!

Using Win 7.5 with latest H/F applied and a custom config for my DVD drive.

This error occurs when trying to erase a new Panasonic DVD+RW disk for use in a new backup set.

Up until now I've been using Memorex with no probs, but when trying to use a new disk Retrospect dies with the above error.

I've tried different disks from the same batch, and even deleting and re-configuring the drive but it just *WON'T* play with the new disks.

Copying data to the disks from another app seems to be fine.

Anyone got any ideas what might be the problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

• 1 month later...

I have the same error. When I first open Retrospect it usually crashes with the message

Assertion failure at "module.cpp-561", Module Data :: send('NwHF'), this ! = 0

If I quickly close the Backup Overview screen I can usually, but not always, get around the error. Mine is Retrospect Professional version 7.5.387 Driver Update and Hot Fix, version 7.5.12.103

I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 with all updates. I have a longish list of potential backup devices: Iomega RRD (Rev ATAPI), LG GSA4040B Multi-DVD, Onstream SC-30 ADR Tape drive, Iomega Zip 100 USB, and a Network drive running under NDAS.

I have no idea where to begin to solve this problem. Fortunately it is not fatal - just annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting a similar error.

Assertion failure "module.cpp-561", ModuleData::send('cdft'), this != 0

Device: TSSTcorpDVD+RW-RDI

Media: TDK DVD+RW

WinXP

Retrospect 7.5.387

hotfix 7.5.12.103

I have been running a backup set on this media for about 6 months. Last week I had to create a new disk for the set, but the script kept failing when it tried to erase the new disk.

I manually tried to erase a disk (configure-devices), now this error pops up and retrospect shuts down. I have tried both long and short erases.

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting this error, but so far havent seen any solutions in the forum. Is this a problem with the most recent hotfix?