Retrospect 6.5 - Recatalog from disk problems

Hello

I have a frustrating problem that is stopping me from running my backup, i aplogise if this has been covered before, or i am missing something simple.

I have 6.5.530 Multi Server with full add on pack installed on a windows 2000 server

I have been trying without success to recatalog a disk based Backup sat consisting of 4 500GB IDE Hard drives

These drives are connected to the server using removeable drive caddies and a grantite digital IDE to firewire bridge board (Oxford 911 chipset) connected to the server using Unibrain RED PCI firewire Card.

I am trying to recatalog from All disks. Retrospect requestes me to insert a disk, select the backup set i want to recataog, then a few moment later a dialog comes on the screen asking

Are there any more discs in this backup set' 'yes or no'

i insert all four discs in turn, clicking yes between each disk, then No after the 4th disc has been insterted.

Shortly afer that, i am presented with another dialog window with an icon with 2 floppy drives and two arrows in a (which i assume means change disks) 'select the next disk member to recatalog' . under that a list of the drives on my server and a 'Proceed' button at the bottom right

i select the backup set disk in the machine, the click 'Proceed'

Retropect then asks me 'Really STOP excecution of Recatalog?' 'yes or no'

If i click NO, i am taken bak to the 'select the next disk member to recatalog' window, if i click yes the process is cancelled

I have tried instering in the disks in forward order (1234) reverse (4321) and in a random order and get the same result

all the discs seem readable and in good shape technically, so i am stumped as to why restrospect does not begin recataloging the backup set, am i missing something obvious?

I would appreciate any help you can give me

Thanks In advance

Alasdair

Archived