Add Multiple Backup Sets Before Restore?????

I just had to replace our archival Mac's hard drive because of a hardware failure. Fortunately, we keep our backup/catalog files on a server. I'd like to add several backup sets at once to the source list. Is this possible???? So far, I only seem to be able to add them one at at time (and we have a bunch that need added).

I have version 6.1.126 of Restrospect Desktop for Mac. Hopefully this is now possible as it wasn't before with version 4.

Thanks in advance,

hopkinsprinting smile.gif

You can double-click Catalog files in the Finder, and they will add themselves to Retrospect. I don't know if you can do this with multiple files at the same time, but if you had been drilling down for them from within Retrospect's "Backup Sets->Configure->More..." dialog boxes, this will be much faster.

Quote:

I'd like to add several backup sets at once to the source list.

It's a little confusing what you are trying to do. Backup sets are destinations, not sources.

It's possible to add multiple sources to a script, but they have to be added one at a time.

It's possible to add multiple destinations to a script, but they have to be added one at a time.

Retrospect 6.1 is still pretty much what Retrospect 4 was (actually, it's pretty much what Retrospect 2 was). Only difference I see is that it's now emulated (Rosetta) PowerPC code in 6.1 rather than 680x0 code as it was in Retrospect 2. Same bugs, same missing features.

What is it that you are trying to do?

Russ

CallMeDave! Thank you. Your suggestion worked perfectly!

Russ, I'm sorry if my posting was confusing. I needed a way to put all the tape catalog files back into the source list so I can use them to search through when trying to restore files from tape. Double-click them on the desktop is what I needed!

Thanks everyone!

Jon :-)

Archived