Intel Mac DVD won't configure

The Devices dialog box doesn't list my MacPro dvd drive, which is an Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170A. In the Device Status menu, it shows up. When I click on Configure, I get an error message that "Retrospect was unable to configure this drive with the inserted DVD+R media. Would you like to try again with a different disc or media type?" Same results no matter what media I try. I've installed Driver Update 6.1.9.102. HELP!!!

Quote:

The Devices dialog box doesn't list my MacPro dvd drive, which is an Optiarc DVD RW AD-7170A. In the Device Status menu, it shows up. When I click on Configure, I get an error message that "Retrospect was unable to configure this drive with the inserted DVD+R media. Would you like to try again with a different disc or media type?" Same results no matter what media I try. I've installed Driver Update 6.1.9.102. HELP!!!

Your RDU is a bit out of date, current version is RDU 6.1.10.100, available here:

Retrospect Mac updates

Perhaps updating to the current RDU version might help.

Your DVD drive does not appear to be a supported drive. It is not listed in the Retrospect Supported Devices database (nor is any "Optiarc" drive whatsoever):

Retrospect Supported Devices

and is is not listed in the version history for any of the RDU updates:

RDU Version History

If you aren't able to manally configure, it looks like you are out of luck until EMC/Insignia decides to support your drive. You might try getting a supported drive.

Sorry.

Russ