Sony DVD RW DW-D150A incompatible

Hi there.

I've been using Retrospect 6.1.126 with RDU 6.1.9.102 on a Dual Core Pro running Mac OS X.4.9, with the original DVD drive, and everything was fine. But my driver broke, and i had to replace it with an internal SONY DVD RW DW-D150A drive, and then Retrospect could'nt be configured to read DVDs anymore : when trying to do so, everything goes well until the writing test, which fails… Is there any way to fix this ? Would replacing the drive again solve the problem ?

Thanks in advance.

JM

The database of supported devices is here:

http://www.emcinsignia.com/supportupdates/technical/retrospect/device/

There are some (and your's happens to be one of those) that are listed in the Release Notes for 6.1.9.102 RDU:

RDU 6.1.9.102 release notes

RDU 6.1.9.102 release notes

(odd that this RDU has two applicable release notes)

Because the release notes indicate that your drive is supported in RDU 6.1.9.102, it should "just work" (and work better than your attempt at manual configuration). You do have the "Apple Version" of the Sony DW-D150A, don't you? If not, then you have an unsupported drive and need to get a supported drive.

I suggest that you drag your manual configuration .rdi file to the desktop from /Library/Preferences/Retrospect (with Retrospect not running) and try again.

Russ

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

I've got the latest driver update

Which one? Understand that these forums, your posts, and any answers, persist long into the future. The help that those of us users provide is not only for your benefit, but for the benefit of others. To be useful (and also to help us help you), the RDU as given in the Retrospect logs (or in the "About Retrospect" box under the "Retrospect" menu) is needed. There are also instances when people insist that they are using "the latest" version and are not.

Not trying to be difficult, just trying to help us help you and others.

Russ

Have you ever tried to configure devices? If so, you will have a .rdi file in /Library/Preferences/Retrospect that will override the RDU. If so, drag that file to the desktop with Retrospect not running, launch, see if it works.

Otherwise, perhaps the notation in the RDU release notes was, um, optimistic in announcing support for this drive.

Russ