How do I view contents of a specific tape

I recently installed Retrospect 6 to my G5 so I can b/u to DVD. Prior to that I was using dat tapes on hooked up via scsi to an old PowerTower. What I would like to do is view each tape and cherry pick items to retrieve and b/u to DVD so I can put the tapes in storage and eventually discard. I can't figure out how to view each tape. Any advice appreciated.

You have posted a Retrospect 6 question in the Mac OS 9 forum. It is not possible to have such a configuration, so I doubt that anyone has, or ever will have, any relevant experience that could help you.

I suggest that you post in the appropriate forum.

If you are trying to view contents of backup sessions, that can be done in "Reports > Contents", select a backup set, then select a session.

But it seems more appropriate for what you are trying to do to Transfer from one backup set (a tape backup set) to another (a DVD backup set). See "Tools > Copy" for that. The manual tells how.

But first you are going to have to be running Retrospect 6 on Mac OS X; it won't run on Mac OS 9.

Russ