Error 1017

LFS-FMA

I keep running into Error 1017- (insufficient permissions)

I am using Retrospect Express and a Maxtor One-Touch III drive. I am trying to back up other people's hard drives who are on my network (just pc to pc, this is not a client/server situation) We are also using Norton. When I write a script for "unattended back-up" it runs if I set the time for during the work day. When I change the time to 10 pm, I come in the next morning and get the 1017 error message. I just tried having the other people turn off their Norton for the night and that didn't work either. But, it does run during the workday.

Any advice?

Has anyone paid for the software support from Retrospect? Is it worth it?

Quote:

Has anyone paid for the software support from Retrospect?

Yes, we have a support contract, just like we do on almost all of our key software products on which we depend.

Quote:

Is it worth it?

We think so, and have gotten pretty good support under our support contract (but we submit our requests by email and get responses by email; haven't used the telephone support in about 10 years). The people are pretty good. Definitely not a clueless "Bob from Bangalor" that you get if you call SonicWALL, which is the bottom of the barrel for support.

Russ

Archived